Durable On-The-Job Responsiveness
512 Channels and 32 Groups (VX-459, VX-454)
32 Channels and 2 Groups (VX-451)
VHF: 134 – 174 MHz
UHF: 400 - 470 MHz, 450 – 512 MHz
9 Programmable Keys (VX-459)
7 Programmable Keys (VX-454)
3 Programmable Keys (VX-451)
8-Character Alphanumeric Display (VX-459, VX-454)
700 mW Audio Output
FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
- Monitor Worker Safety
- As with all Vertex Standard radios, the VX-450 series includes built-in Emergency and Lone Worker alerts. Emergency notification is user-initiated with a press of a button for the radio to switch to a designated channel and send an alert for help. Lone Worker mode is a built-in timer that requires the user to reset at a predetermined interval. If not reset, the radio automatically switches to Emergency mode to alert help.
When constant contact is required at all times, Vertex Standard’s exclusive Auto-Range Transpond System (ARTS™) is included to inform the user that other ARTS™- equipped radios are within communication range.
No two job sites are alike and the optional Man Down function (with DVS-9 unit) is programmable to monitor a variety of worker timed safety scenarios vertically and horizontally as well as worker degree of motion. Adjusting the settings of the 3-axis sensor adapts the radio to each distinct work environment to monitor movement.
- Solid Build for Extreme Environments
- The VX-450 Series withstands job site abuse meeting military standards for ruggedness and meets the IP57 ingress protection standard where water does not harm the radio when submersed* to a depth of 3 feet for up to 30 minutes.
*IP57 water submersion rating valid only with accessory cover attached.
- Intrinsically Safe Option for Hazardous Locations
- Intrinsically safe models are SGS certified to the requirements of ANSI/UL913 5th Edition for use in Class I, II, III, Division 1; Groups C,D,E,F,G; Temp T3C hazardous locations.
- Audio and Voice Responsiveness
- Features 700 mW loud audio output ideal for noisy work environments.
Includes Channel Announcement which loudly speaks the channel description to simplify changing channels when focused on other tasks simultaneously.
Features voice activation (VOX) when used with MH-81A4B headset that enables users to transmit voice without pressing the Push To Talk button for hands-free operation.
Record and store up to 120 seconds of voice messages using the optional DVS-8 Voice Storage unit.
- Built-in Selective Signaling Modes
- Includes MDC-1200® encode/decode along with both 2-tone and 5-tone encode/decode providing selective radio calling and efficiency in supporting a variety of discreet communications needs.
- Large Group Communications Made Easy to Manage
- Both the VX-459 and VX-454 radios have a massive 512-channel capacity and 32 groups to easily manage a variety of calls at the most complex job site or plant operation. The VX-459 also includes Direct Channel Entry to punch in the channel desired from the keypad for fast navigation.
- Exclusive Auto-Range Transpond System – ARTS™
- Always know your connection status. Only Vertex Standard radios are designed to inform you when you and another ARTS™-equipped radio are within communication range. If out of range, your radio senses no signal has been received and beeps to alert you. A great solution to keep your workers coordinated.
For more information, download fact sheet.
- FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
- Meets the FCC Part 90 requirement for using 12.5 kHz channels by January 1, 2013.
- Additional Features
- • Voice inversion encryption
• Manual on/off encryption activation
• RX/TX Battery power save
• DTMF ANI
• DTMF Speed dial
• DTMF Paging
• CTCSS / DCS Encode and Decode
• Stun/kill/revive (5-tone)
• Clear voice
• Minimum volume control
• Manual squelch adjustment
• BCLO, BTLO and TOT Functions
• Programmable LED color alert
• Priority scan, Dual Watch scan, Follow-me scan, Talk Around scan
• Radio-to-radio cloning
- • DVS-8: Digital voice storage unit
• DVS-9: Man down alert with digital voice storage
• FVP-44: Rolling code encryption