The Essential Radio for General Communications and Maximum Value
VHF: 134 - 174 MHz
UHF: 400 - 470 MHz, 450 - 512 MHz
Two programmable keys
FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
- Compact and Easy to Carry
- A radio that won't get in the way, the VX-231 is compact and lightweight whitout sacrificing the performance and reach needed on the job.
- Safety Features Not Sacrificed
- As with all Vertex Standard portable radios, the VX-231 includes both Emergency and Lone Worker alert functions to help monitor user safety. The Emergency alert can be programmed to instantly notify help with a press of the button.
The Lone Worker mode is a built-in timer that requires the user to reset at a predetermined interval. If not reset, the radio automatically switches to Emergency mode to alert help. Allows supervisors to monitor the safety status of radio users working alone in isolated areas.
- Battery Power Options For Every Budget
- Designed to use powerful Li-Ion and Ni-MH battery technology with three options providing up to 9 hours to 16.5 hours of operation with the battery saver enabled.
- More Scanning Options
- Get 4 scanning options for convenience and flexibility in the way you need your radios to perform. Includes: Priority, Dual Watch, Follow Me and Talk Around scan.
- Exclusive Auto-Range Transpond System (ARTS™)
- Designed to inform the user when out of communication range with another ARTS™-equipped station. If out of range more than 2 minutes, the radio senses no signal and beeps to alert the user. The base station can then alert the field unit to move back into range. A great solution to keep your workers coordinated.
- FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
- Meets the FCC Part 90 requirement for using 12.5 kHz channels by January 1, 2013.
- Additional Features
- • RX/TX Battery Power Save
• DTMF ANI
• DTMF Speed Dial
• 2-Tone / 5-Tone Encode and Decode
• CTCSS / DCS Encode and Decode
• Manual Squelch Adjustment
• Radio-to-Radio Cloning