Durable P25 Interoperability
501 Channels and 32 Groups
50 Watts VHF / 45 Watts UHF
VHF: 134 – 174 MHz
UHF: 380 – 450 MHz; 400 – 470 MHz; 450 – 512 MHz
5 Programmable Front Panel Keys
12-Character Alphanumeric Display
FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
- P25 Digital Mode Capabilities:
Expanded Signaling -- Supports selective calling, Talk Group IDs (TGID), Network Access Codes, Individual ID lists and Paging Group lists for flexible communications.
Secure Communications (optional) -- Options available to support both Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and Data Encryption Standard (DES) as required by APCO Project 25. Additionally, multiple encryption keys can be stored in the radio.
Mixed Mode -- Seamlessly switch between analog to P25 digital mode on each channel based on call type received and on programming for transmit.
Enhanced Voice Quality -- Featuring the AMBE+2™ Vocoder, get exceptional voice quality in both digital P25 and narrow-band modes of operation.
Connectivity Assurance -- The RSSI warning emits an audible alert when the receive signal strength drops to a level not suitable for reliable communications.
Additional P25 Mode Features:
• BCLO, TOT Functions
- When Safety Counts
- In P25 digital mode, the VX-7200 LED will flash a bright white alert when an emergency signal is received.
As with all Vertex Standard mobile radios, the VX-7200 includes built-in Emergency alert in any mode for enhanced safety. A panic button can be triggered from the front panel to alert the dispatcher when problems arise.
The VX-7200 also has an internal emergency microphone that can transmit should the regular microphone become unusable.
- Convenient Calling Options
- In analog mode, the VX-7200 provides 2-tone encode and multiple 2-tone decode to alert callers within a group, along with DTMF ANI and DTMF paging for additional calling options.
- FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
- Meets the FCC Part 90 requirement for using 12.5 kHz channels by January 1, 2013.
- Additional Features (Both Modes)
- • Minimum Volume
• User Set Mode
• Public Address / Horn Alert
• D-Sub 15 Pin Accessory Connector
• Radio-to-Radio Cloning
- Additional Features (Analog Mode Only)
- • CTCSS / DCS Encode and Decode
• MDC1200® Encode
• BCLO, BTLO and TOT Functions
• Scan Options: Basic, Dual Watch, Follow-Me,Follow-Me Dual Watch
• User Selectable Tone
• Auto-Range Transpond System (ARTS™)