Clear, Quality Communications
512 Channels and 512 Groups
5 Watts VHF / 4 Watts UHF
VHF: 136 – 174 MHz
UHF: 403 – 470 MHz; 450 – 512 MHz
5 Programmable Keys
40-Character Alphanumeric Scrolling Display
500 mW Audio Output
FCC Narrowband Compliant
- Invest Today in Digital - Convert from Analog As Needed
- The VXD-720 can operate in both analog and digital mode providing an easy path to digital when ready. This flexibility enables conversion to digital one radio at a time, one channel at a time or the entire system based on functional or fiscal needs. Includes dual-mode analog and/or digital scan and mixed mode priority scan to easily operate in digital and still scan and communicate with analog radio users of any brand.
- Digital Doubles Call Capacity with One License
- All Vertex Standard VXD radios use Time-Division Multiple-Access (TDMA) 6.25 kHz efficient digital technology that doubles the capacity for the price of one frequency license. The radios support twice as many talk groups or calls without adding more licensing costs.
- Digital Delivers Consistent, Clear Audio Quality
- Experience enhanced voice clarity and reduced noise over a greater range versus analog for consistently crisp, clear communications.
- Digital Delivers Longer Battery Life
- Achieve greater cost savings with increased battery life performance. The VXD-720 can operate up to 40 percent longer than most analog radios because TDMA cuts the transmit time in half -- reducing overall battery consumption per call.
- Digital Delivers Integrated Voice and Text for Efficiency
- Includes text messaging in digital mode to communicate between radios. Send either free-form or pre-set text messages.
- Submersible and Weatherproof
- The VXD-720 radio meets international standard IP57 for dust and water protection where water does not harm the radio when submersed to a depth of 3 feet for up to 30 minutes.
- FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
- Meets the FCC Part 90 requirement for using 12.5 kHz channels by January 1, 2013. VXD radios enable users to keep existing 12.5 kHz channels and double the call capacity with the two-slot TDMA technology. Using digital meets the FCC recommendation to convert directly to 6.25 kHz efficient equipment for greater spectrum efficiency.
- Additional Features
- • Tri-color LED custom call alert
• Digital encode/decode: call alert, private call, emergency, selective radio inhibit, radio check and remote monitor
• MDC-1200® analog encode/decode: call alert, emergency and PTT ID
• 2-Tone Analog paging: call alert, call alert with voice and select call
• Basic privacy (digital mode only)
• Voice activated transmit (VOX)
• Contact list for up to 1,000 records
• Scan options: dual mode (analog or digital); mixed mode (digital only)
• AMBE+2™ Digital vocoder
• Radio-to-radio cloning