Digital Doubles Call Capacity With One License
All Vertex Standard VXD radios use Time-Division Multiple-Access (TDMA) 6.25 kHz efficient digital technology that doubles the capacity for the price of one frequency license. The radios support twice as many talk groups or calls without adding more licensing costs.
Digital Delivers Consistent, Clear Audio Quality
Experience enhanced voice clarity and reduced noise over a greater range versus analog technology for consistently crisp, clear communications.
Digital Delivers Integrated Voice and Text for Efficiency
Includes text messaging in digital mode for flexible communications. Radio display features 40 characters of text. Receive messages or send up to 10 different pre-set messages using 1-touch button system.
FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
Meets the FCC Part 90 requirement for using 12.5 kHz channels by January 1, 2013. VXD radios enable users to keep existing 12.5 kHz channels and double the call capacity with the two-slot TDMA technology. Using digital meets the FCC recommendation to convert directly to 6.25 kHz efficient equipment for greater spectrum efficiency.
- Multi-color LED custom call alert
- 26-Pin accessory connector
- Basic privacy (digital mode only)
- MDC-1200® analog encode/decode: call alert, emergency and PTT ID
- Digital encode/decode: call alert, private call, emergency, selective radio inhibit, radio check and remote monitor
- 2-Tone analog paging: call alert, call alert with voice, select call
- 512 Channels and 512 Groups
- 45 Watts VHF / 40 Watts UHF
- VHF: 136 – 174 MHz
- UHF: 403 – 470 MHz; 450 – 512 MHz
- 4 Programmable Keys
- 40-Character Alphanumeric Scrolling Display
- FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
Owner's Manual Downloads