Extended Signalling and Security Capabilities
The VX-4600 series provides a full range of signalling capabilities including 2-tone, 5-tone and MDC 1200® encode/decode for selective calling. With the built-in voice inversion encryption, private communication is enhanced, ensuring messages could only be heard by those intended.
Enhanced Audio Performance
- Channel Announcement function works to simplify your chore of switching from the current channel to other channels while task on hand.
- Equipped with Voice Activation (VOX) to enable users to transmit voice without pressing the hands-free operation for convenience.
- Suitable for noisy environment, where the Clear Voice function can be activated to ensure your message is heard.
- Suitable for quiet environment, where the Whisper capability function can be activated to augment audio transmit, perfect for much needed discreet communications.
- Equipped with the DVS-8 Voice Storage unit, which enables you to record and store up to 120 seconds of important messages.
Monitoring Worker Safety
The VX-4600 series, as with all the Vertex Standard radios, has three key features to ensure the safety of the user.
- Built-in Emergency Alert
Equipped with the built-in Emergency notification function, which will switch to a designated channel, send an emergency unit ID and transmit with a live microphone, an added benefit when working alone.
- Lone Worker Alert
Operators can activate this function when leaving equipment or a vehicle temporarily. If a problem arises while away, the radio switches to Emergency mode to alert help.
Vertex Standard’s exclusive Auto-Range Transpond System - ARTS™
A function that keeps the user within communication range with other ARTS™- equipped radios, so constant contact is at its optimal.
Manageable System for Large Group Communications
The VX-4600 series with 512-channel capacity and 32 groups for easy operations at the most complex job.
Remote mount option
If there is limited space, this radio has the added benefit of a remote mounted faceplate. Mount the faceplate in the dashboard and the main radio elsewhere; concealed under a seat or behind the driver in the cab of a truck, with no impact to your communications. The optional remote mount kit comes complete with a five metre ribbon cable with waterproof connectors.
- 6 Programmable keys
- 8-Character alphanumeric display
- RSSI signal strength indicator
- DTMF Paging
- DTMF ANI
- Speed dial
- CTCSS / DCS Encode and Decode
- BCLO / BTLO and TOT Functions
- Direct channel entry
- Minimum volume control
- Talk around
- Priority scan
- Dual priority scan
- Dual watch scan
- Follow-me scan
- Talk around scan
- Talk back scan
- Operator selectable scan
- Group scan
- Manual squelch control
- D-sub 15 pin accessory connector
- Public address / horn alert
- Radio-to-radio cloning
MIL-STD 810 Rating
|Frequency Range||134 - 174 MHz||400 - 470 MHz
450 - 520 MHz
|Number of Channels and Groups||512 with 32 groups|
|Power Supply Voltage||13.6 V DC ± 20%|
|Channel Spacing||12.5 / 20 / 25 kHz|
|PLL Steps||1.25 / 2.5 / 5 / 6.25 kHz||5 / 6.25 kHz|
|Current Consumption||TX: 11 A
RX: 2.5 A
Standby: 200 mA
|Operating Temperature Range||-22º F to +140º F (-30º C to +60º C)|
|Frequency Stability||± 2.5 ppm|
|RF Input-Output Impedance||50 Ohms|
|Dimension (H x W x D)||6.5 x 1.8 x 6.1 inches (165 x 45 x 155mm)|
|Weight (Approx.)||2.8 lbs (1.25 kg)|
|Sensitivity 12 dB SINAD||>0.25 μV|
|Adjacent Channel Selectivity||75 dB / 70 dB|
|Hum and Noise||45 dB / 40 dB|
|Spurious and Image Rejection||85 dB / 80 dB|
|Audio Output||Internal: 4 W @ 20 Ohms
External: 12 W @ 4 Ohms, < 5% THD
|Output Power (Selectable)||25 / 12.5 / 5W||25 / 12.5 / 5W|
|Maximum Deviation||± 5.0 kHz / ± 2.5 kHz|
|Hum and Noise||45 dB / 40 dB|
|Audio Distortion||< 3 % @1 kHz|
|Conducted Spurious Emission||70 dB below carrier|
- MH-67A8J: Standard microphone
- MH-75A8J: Keypad microphone (16 keys)
- MD-12A8J: Desktop microphone
- MLS-100: External speaker, square, 12W
- MLS-200: External speaker, 12W (indoor/outdoor use)
- FP-1023A: External power supply
- LF-6: DC Line filter
- DVS-8: Digital voice storage unit
Spec Sheet Downloads
Owner's Manual Downloads